I did not post about my lack of success to date sewing with knits in general.
I made KS 2334 in size M, using an expensive rib knit, and while I did not take photos, it was a disaster. The seams were puckered, the hems mismatched because the fabric was not feeding properly for some reason through my machine or overlocker...it went on and on, and I was so disheartened, I did not touch knits again until now.
I sought advice about sewing with knits on Pattern Review, and was given much useful advice, but it has taken this long to get back on the horse. Husband's singlets are all worn, and in order to "nudge" me to sew him more, he REFUSED to buy more singlets! They got to the point that they were threadbare, and tattered, and then in the last week or two, he stopped wearing them altogether, because you could see the worn singlets through his work shirts, so I finally decided to try again.
I traced out his existing Bonds singlet, sans tatters, using sew-in interfacing, which is my pattern tracing material, and made a muslin out of a light grey interlock yesterday; it was a bit too tight, and more importantly, the neck and armholes were still puckered, though much better than the first try.
I pin fitted the interfacing on him, and made the modifications he wanted - dropped the neckline at the front by 2.5cm (1 inch), so that it would not show when his work shirt was unbuttoned. I also dropped the armholes by 2.5cm, for comfort, and added 5 cm (2 inches) to the hem so that he can tuck the singlet into his pants and not have it ride up when he bends over etc.
It was my first time modifying patterns, and not as hard as I thought it would be.
This morning, I cut out the modified pattern on cotton rib knit again, and handbasted the neckline and armholes, before sewing on the SM with a narrow zigzag. Much less puckering, and seam mismatch. Pretty good actually, if I do say so myself.
The seams are also a lot more neat, though still far from perfect.
Ditto the armholes.
Overall though, I am pretty pleased, and mostly relieved that I CAN sew with knits, with some practice, and patience, since I intend on sewing some knit bodysuits/ onesies for my son as well as the baby if I can, more singlets for Husband, as well as the maternity skirt and dress I referred to a couple of posts ago.